Your Ultimate Real Estate Guide – For Selling Your Home
Pre-Listing To-Do List
- Schedule a complimentary consultation with The King Group
- Discuss your goals, timeline, and the best strategy for selling
- Review our formal listing presentation with an analysis of your property
- Execute sales agreement and review any questions or concerns
- Marketing and design team walkthrough of the home
- Complete the market analysis, marketing plan, and establish the sale price
Active Listing To-Do List
- Professional photos, video, and measurements taken
- All marketing material created
- Our marketing campaign commences, listing submitted to MLS, signs installed
- Social, digital, and email campaigns launched
- Private showings and open houses begin
Contract To-Do List
- Offer(s) received, negotiated, and accepted
- Back-up offer(s) negotiated, and accepted
- Inspections, appraisal, and disclosures completed
- Conditions removed
- Hire a Lawyer or Notary to assist with property conveyancing
Completion Day To-Do List
Expected Costs Payable:
- Lawyer or Notary Fees and Expenses:
- Attending to execution documents
- Costs of clearing title, including:
- Investigating title,
- Discharge fees charged by encumbrance holders,
- Prepayment penalties.
- Real Estate Commission (plus GST).
- Goods and Services Tax (if applicable).
Possession Day To-Do List
Congratulations! Your home has now sold, you have been paid the sale proceeds, and it is time to pass possession to the new homeowners.
- Make arrangements with a moving company — this needs to be made ahead of time.
- Switch over services such as telephone, cable, internet, gas and hydro
- Inform banks, investments, credit card companies, subscriptions, memberships & clubs of your new address.
- Inform your place of employment, CRA, MSP & all relevant government bodies of your change of address.
- Change your drivers’ license information
- Inform school(s), doctors, dentists, & health clinics of your new address.
- Obtain school & sports records for your children (if applicable).
- Forward your mail by filling out a change of address form at the post office.
- Provide forwarding information to your landlord if, applicable.